Motorcycle movies you will enjoy!
by Urska STS
Do you know who Burt Munro is? Yes, no?
Right, he is that motorcyclist that holds the record for ____ on an Indian motorcycle.
Still not sure who Burt Munro is? Or maybe you remember for a movie you saw, back in 2006?
No? Still drawing blank?
Do not worry. Without the movie The World’s Fastest Indian, a lot of folk would not know who Burt Munro is. I bet now you are ‘yes, I know who he is’. Well, if you are like me, you only know him because of and from the movie.
The movies can be both entertaining and educational. Today, we will look at the top 10 motorcycle movies that entertained and/or educated us. The list goes from number 10 to number 1 movie – the best mc movie of all times. I have also included types of motorcycles that were used in the movies.
10. Ultraviolet – sci-fi movie set in the future. Badass Milla Jovovich rides 2001 BMW R1150 R, while trying to protect a boy that could save the entire world.
9. Batman: Dark Knight is an action movie, adopted from the same name comic. In this movie Batman decided to use bike instead of his beloved Bat mobile. The bike is of course custom made, attached with various weapons – flamethrowers, hooks and other guns.
8. Salt is action movie that revolved around FBI agent that is accused of being a Russian spy in US. During her run, she steals a 2009 Triumph Street Triple R motorcycle. Jolie, who played Salt, did all of her own stunts on the bike.
7. Mission Impossible: Rouge Nation is movie we all know. The start of the movie series Tom Cruise did all of his own stunts in all of movie. Thaw the most memorable was the plane scene, where Ethan is hanging from a plane, while the plane is in the air. We most appreciated the bike stunts, where he used BMW S 1000 RR sportsbike.
6. The Great Escape is movie based on real life events. In the movie, allied prisoners of war try to escape a German camp, where they are being held. The bike used in the movie was a 1961 Triumph TR6 Trophy Bird, that was painted to look like it came for WW2 era.
5. Mad Max (1979) is movie set in the future, where bikes are one of the main transportation. The main character, played by Mel Gibson, drives 1977 Kawasaki KZ 1000, while trying to get revenge on the rouge motorcycle gang.
4. Knight and day is movie starring Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise, where a disgraced spy gets involved with a young woman. The motorcycle that was used in this movie is red Ducati Hypermotard. Our CEO also owns the same bike, in the same shade of red.
3. Terminator 2: Judgment Day is second movie in classic series. In the beginning Arnold as Terminator gets to Earth and need to acquire clothing, shoes and transportation. The transportation turns out to be a 1990 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy FLSTF.
2. Top Gun is one of the iconic movies of all times. This movie also stared Tom Cruise, as a young pilot, who also rides a bike – a 1985 Kawasaki GPZ 750 R. And we all love the beginning scene where Maverick is riding his motorcycle alongside a F-14.
1. The World’s Fastest Indian is movie I told you about in intro. The bike in this movie was custom made and named 1920 Indian Scout “Burt Monro Special.” Finally, the record is 201.851 mph (324.847 km/h).
Did you notice that all these movies are action packed movies? We have and we love it!!
Let me know, which is your favorite motorcycle movie? And if any inspired you to get your first bike?
Write to me at email@example.com.